My eating habits, on the other hand, didn't skip a beat since last Thursday. If your family is anything like mine, you know having company in town means one thing: LOTS OF FOOD! We had a plethora of chocolate chip cookies, brownies, pasta, baked ziti, fruit salads and wine to feed a small village. Not to mention the fact that we purchased a box of Dunkin Donuts Munchkins each morning to go with our coffee.
So with a full tummy and an empty fridge, I'd like to take this opportunity to recognize some of my favorite food combinations. Try them sometime if you have these items lying around your pantry:
- Peanut butter and raisins. I love this snack. Just top a spoon full of peanut butter with raisins.
- Raw almonds and raisins. This is another great snack, although high in calories because of the almonds. So eat small amounts.
- French fries and honey mustard. Don't ask. I just like it.
- Salted potato chips and T. Marzetti's Ranch Veggie Dip. It tastes like chips and french onion dip.
- Mix ketchup and mayo together, and dip your french fries in it. Growing up in Brussels, they actually serve mayo with fries (or frites) instead of ketchup. Which is very good by the way. But I also like to mix both condiments together.
Speaking of combinations, one of my favorite collaborations between two artists (or in this case a singer and a band) is Queen and David Bowie's "Under Pressure". Freddie Mercury and David Bowie are both brilliant and iconic. And I'm sure I will feature them individually one day on My Eats and Beats. This duet is forever a classic.
Ironically, "Under Pressure" is the beat to depressurize my day when it gets hectic. This week we say goodbye to the month of June and hello to July, celebrating the independence of the great US of A and a three-day weekend!
Hope this song and your favorite eats put a smile on your face!