Monday, April 16, 2012

Zou Bisou Bisou

I'm back in the bread baking business...thus far! Given my few hiccups in the beginning of this process, I proceed with with both caution and optimism. Yesterday I turned my starter into a leaven. And this evening, I look lovingly upon my first batch of dough, as it completes the first rise (also known as the bulk rise or bulk fermentation). Depending on the temperature in my apartment, this stage of the process can take as little as 4 hours or as long as overnight. Because of my work schedule, I chose to complete the first rise overnight. Hopefully this time tomorrow night I will be feasting on my first loaf of bread!





I paired this post with another source of happiness in my life: Mad Men. This past weekend I caught up on the new season. And, to no surprise of my own, I am obsessed with the song Megan Draper sang to Don at his 40th birthday party. Zou Bisou Bisou has been stuck in my head for the past 3 days. I thought it only fair that I put the tune in your head as well : )



No comments: